|• Professional information•|
|Affiliation|| Student Council's Elite Four|
|Occupation|| Student Council|
Non-Athletic Committee Chair
Nudist Beach operative
|Rank|| 3-Star (former)|
|Uniform|| Three-star Goku Uniform Symphony Regalia Grave/Presto/Da Capo (former)|
Anti-Kyōto Combat-spec Goku Uniform (temporarily, former)
Three-star Goku Uniform Symphony Regalia Mk.II (former)
Nudist Beach guerrilla uniform (former)
Three-Star Goku Uniform Symphony Regalia: Finale (former)
|Weapon|| Concussive musical blasts |
Various musical-themed ballistic weapons
Wakizashi "Bakuzan-Gako" (former, returned to Satsuki Kiryūin)
Handheld missile/rocket launchers
|• Personal information•|
|Allies|| Satsuki Kiryūin|
|Enemies|| Ragyō Kiryūin|
|• First appearance•|
|• Voice actors•|
- “Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly!”
Nonon Jakuzure (蛇崩 乃音 Jakuzure Nonon ) is a main character in Kill la Kill and one of the Student Council's Elite Four. She regulates the school's non-athletic groups, such as the gardening and biology clubs. Nonon Jakuzure also runs the school's Rakugo Club, 100 Poet's Club, and likely the marching band. Nonon's Three-Star Goku Uniform resembles that of a drum major. Her baton is not just for show, as Nonon is a conductor as well.
Nonon is petite with pink hair and an angular face. Unlike most females in the series she has a rather small bust.
Though she often presents a cute and sweet facade, Nonon is actually highly manipulative, and possesses an extremely caustic wit. She often teases and mocks her fellow Elites, and seems to regard her subordinates as tools to be used rather than people.
While in combat, Nonon's personality changes substantially. She drops her childish facade and reveals a more bloodthirsty and sadistic streak. When faced with an opponent that refuses to back down, she rapidly loses her cool, abandoning all reason in her attempts to destroy them.
Former Powers and Abilities
Three-star Goku Uniform:
- Symphony Regalia Grave (奏の装グラーブェ Kanade no Sō Gurāve )
- Like the other members of the Elite Four, Nonon's Goku Uniform is unique and exceptionally powerful. The Symphony Regalia Grave takes the form of a titanic, heart-shaped LRAD equipped with massive woofers that fire waves of reverberating bass and bladed musical notes. Nonon herself stands in a cavity at the front of the machine, wearing a skintight pink bodysuit with skeletal details. A pink version of her usual bandleader hat rests on her head, and four skeletal arms ending in baton-like protrusions emerge from her shoulders and hips. She also has a small skull on her left shoulder with triangular eyeholes and a small plume of feathers/fur on its scalp, resembling the head of a punk rocker.
- Unlike the other Elite Four, Nonon's transformation also incorporates the instruments of her marching band, which appear to help her form her tank. If the vehicle is destroyed, it explodes into its component instruments, leaving Nonon in her skeletal bodysuit.
- Symphony Regalia Presto (奏の装プレスト Kanade no Sō Puresuto )
- Nonon's Symphony Regalia Grave can reconfigure into an enormous airship, with Nonon suspended on the front like a figurehead. The tank's treads retract into the bottom of the machine while three fins emerge from the back and sides. This form of the Symphony Regalia is armed with numerous weapons, including enormous recorder-shaped rockets fired from the bottom of the machine, cymbal blades launched from the front around Nonon's "cockpit", and powerful woofers that fire waves of concussive bass beats. Nonon's own outfit remains unchanged from the previous form.
- Symphony Regalia Da Capo (奏の装ダ・カーポ Kanade no Sō Da Kāpo )
- If her tank/gunship is destroyed, Nonon reveals the ultimate form of her Symphony Regalia, which the rest of the student body describes as her "encore". The remains of her vehicle transform into a tower-like stage, from which Nonon emerges in a pink drum-major uniform with a tall, horned hat. Its primary weapon is a cannon on the hat which releases devastating purple energy beams to the sound of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5: "Fate". The music's rhythm resonates with the targeted Life Fibers of her opponent, manipulating them and inflicting damage at the same time, making it effectively impossible to move when blasted by the music.
- Symphony Regalia Mk.II (奏の装・改 Kanade no Sō Aratame )
- A revamped version of Jakuzure's old uniform that looks like a flight suit. The hat resembles a skull and the wings of the suit itself look like smaller versions of her old uniform. Nonon's forearms and lower legs are encased in white armor resembling ocarinas, and the suit also features extra thrusters above and below the wings. The upper thrusters resemble church organ pipes, while the lower ones resemble recorders. Jakuzure's armaments include a barrage of rockets fired from her lower thrusters, as well as concussive bass beats fired from its woofers, whether they be pure white streams of musical notes or heart-shaped blasts of sound. It presumably broke down during the COVERS invasion in the wake of the Great Culture and Sport Festival.
- Symphony Regalia: Finale (奏の装・最終楽章 Kanade no Sō Saishū Gakushō )
- Like the other Goku Uniforms, Nonon's ultimate uniform is skimpier, and possibly the skimpiest in it's active form. It consists of black thigh highs, pink high heels, shoulder pieces that cover the upper part of her breasts, a small black patch over her groin, and three bone-like decorations on her bare midriff. As usual, it features a tall conductor's hat with a large skull on the front - in this form, the skull's teeth resemble piano keys. With this uniform, Nonon is capable of flight and armed with a concentrated, more powerful form of her musical beams fired from her flight pack.
- Bakuzan-Gako (縛斬・餓虎)
- A small blade forged from the remains of Bakuzan. It has the properties of Bakuzan, therefore it possesses a small fraction of the sword's power. Nonon showed considerable skill with the blade while saving Matarō and his group of survivors from COVERS. When Satsuki escaped Honnoji Academy and joined Nudist Beach, Nonon gave the dagger to her.
- Out of the Elite Four, she has known Satsuki the longest, since at least kindergarten. Nonon states she understands Satsuki's way of thinking, and is very loyal and admires her greatly. However, it can be noted that although Nonon seems to believe she is closer to Satsuki than the others, Satsuki seems to regard her as an equal among the other Four Elites. In the Battlefield Trip in Ōsaka, Nonon allows Satsuki to ride her to chase after a flying Ryūko, with Satsuki noting that 'this way, Nonon's eye level cannot be higher than mine' and Nonon having no problems with that.
- Her relationships with the other Elites is somewhat more adversarial. She often teases her fellow elites, referring to them by nicknames instead of their actual names. Out of all of them, she seems to tease Sanageyama the most.
- “Oh, dear. Froggy, Monkey and Doggy. You three are a disgrace.”—Jakuzure mocking her fellow Elites
- “The sky is my world... the kid gloves are off, YOU STINKING BITCH!!!”—Jakuzure finally snapping when Ryūko achieves the ability to fly
- “Bite me. The next time you butt in, I'm gonna switch out the lenses of your glasses with non-prescription ones.”—A grumpy Nonon replying to Inumuta
- Main article: Nonon Jakuzure/Image Gallery
|Allies||Ryūko Matoi • Senketsu • Mako Mankanshoku • Mankanshoku Family|
|Nudist Beach||Sōichirō Kiryūin • Aikurō Mikisugi • Tsumugu Kinagase|
|Student Council||Satsuki Kiryūin • Junketsu • Ira Gamagōri • Uzu Sanageyama • Nonon Jakuzure • Hōka Inumuta • Shirō Iori|
|Club Presidents||Takaharu Fukuroda • Omiko Hakodate • Maiko Ōgure • Aizenbō Fuguhara • Maimu Okurahama • Masuyo Watari • Jack Naitō • Tatamu Otte • Kagesaburō Kagerō • Kusanosuke Yaguruma • Kusatao Uwabami • Tōki Brothers • Ryōsuke Todoroki|
|Revocs Corp.||Ragyō Kiryūin • Nui Harime • Rei Hōōmaru|