Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Japanese title meaning||Chastity|
|Original airdate||October 17, 2013|
|Episode director||Akira Amemiya|
|Animation director||Mai Yoneyama|
|Opening theme||"Sirius" by Aoi Eir|
|Insert themes|| "Sanbika" by Aoi Eir|
"Before my body is dry" by Mika Kobayashi
|Ending theme||"Gomen ne, Iiko ja Irarenai." by Miku Sawai|
| || || |
"Junketsu" is the 3rd episode of Kill la Kill.
Aikurō Mikisugi tells Ryūko Matoi about the Life Fiber that gives the Goku Uniforms their unique properties, with Kamui being uniforms made entirely of Life Fiber. He goes on to explain that Isshin Matoi entrusted him to give Senketsu to Ryūko following his death.
Meanwhile, Satsuki Kiryūin, who is frustrated that Ryūko wore a Kamui before her, puts on a Kamui named Junketsu, which had been sealed away by her family and gets control of it upon giving it a sample of her blood. As she dons Junketsu, Mitsuzō Soroi holds back Takiji Kuroido to keep him from stopping her. The next day, Satsuki confronts Ryūko in her Junketsu, overwhelming her with her new power and showing no shame in her appearance.
After hearing Mako Mankanshoku's advice that she should get completely naked, Ryūko comes to understand the true nature of a Kamui and unleashes its full power, allowing her to fight on equal ground with Satsuki. After Ryūko vows to crush Satsuki's ambitions in order to get the answers she seeks, Satsuki challenges her with facing every student she throws at her until they once again meet.
- Ryūko Matoi
- Aikurō Mikisugi
- Isshin Matoi
- Satsuki Kiryūin
- Mako Mankanshoku
- Mitsuzō Soroi
- Takiji Kuroido
- Hoka Inumuta
- Shiro Iori
- “They're called Life Fibers. They're living fibers woven into clothing for combat. The fabric of a One-Star Goku Uniform is made up of 10% Life Fibers. The Two-Star uniforms have 20%. See how that works? When worn by humans, these special fibers enhance strength and reveal special abilities.”—Aikurō explaining Life Fibers.
- “Hold your tongues and watch! Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars! You aspire to no more than the shallow thoughts of commoners! I will not allow ANYONE to beat me at my own ambitions! My will is absolute! A Kamui is just clothing and I shall make it bow to my will!”—Satsuki putting on Junketsu.
- “Come on, Ryūko, get naked! I know for a fact that you - yes, you - are not inferior to Lady Satsuki. Your boobs are WAY bigger than hers! Way bigger! I know 'cause I saw them! 'That Ryūko,' my family said, 'she's got a great rack!' We were all talking about what a splendid body you have! So perk up and stop being embarrassed! Rip your clothes off and GET NAKED!”—Mako telling Ryūko to not be embarrassed.
- “What she said ain't nonsense... it ain't nonsense at all! I finally get it now. I NEED to get naked. Putting on a Kamui... means becoming one with you. It means you... becoming one with me. That's what it means to master wearing you! Isn't that right, Senketsu?”—Ryūko finally mastering Senketsu.
- “I'm gonna crush them. I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm gonna take all the lofty crap you spout about ambition and aspirations, and crush every last one of 'em.”—Ryūko vowing to defeat Satsuki and accepting her challenge.